You have of store credit. To use it, simply place your order and you will be able to choose store credit as the payment method when it comes time to pay for your order.
What is food dehydration?
Dehydration is by far the fittest, stress-free, and cost-effective way to preserve your food. The working mechanism of a food dehydrator is also acutely simplistic in its means; all you have to do is load all the food items you need dehydrated into the trays accompanying the food dehydrator and everything gets done at once. Dehydration of food does not take away the nutritional value of your food item, and only takes away water, and some heat sensitive vitamins or minerals; but overall, most of the food items are as nutritious as they were before and the dehydration process instead just concentrates the natural flavour, sweetness, and aromas of your food. This leaves you with a tang that is by far much healthier than high-fat snacks or sugar-filled candies that are filled with chemicals and preservatives. Dehydrating your food also greatly reduces the chances of bacteria or fungi festering on your food items.
How does a food dehydrator work?
A food dehydrator is a popular household appliance that works to take the moisture content out from your food items to make it dry (ie. it dehydrates your food). A food dehydrator works on the modest principle of gusting hot air over your food items in order to make it dry.
How long does dehydrated food last?
The answer is simple and straight forward. It may last from 1 year to 10 years depending upon your levels of care and usage.
What are the different types of food dehydrators?
Dehydrators can primarily be segregated into 2 options:
- Stacked Food Dehydrators: These types of food dehydrators are mostly used for dehydrating small quantities of produce, are typically cylindrical in shape, and use a fan or an electronic heating component that dehydrates from the bottom up. One thing to note about this kind of food dehydrators is that since the air inside the apparatus transposes in a vertical direction, sometimes the food stacked on the bottom stacked trays might get dried up (or dehydrated) faster than the ones at the top. The solution to that is that you might have to periodically change the arrangement of the trays in order to affect uniform heating and dehydration.
- Box Food Dehydrators (Shelf Food Dehydrators): These types of food dehydrators feature rectangular trays that are stacked up on top of each other, hence, get their name to be such. Box Food Dehydrators come attached with a fan on its backside, and much like the concept the Stacked Food Dehydrators work on, the fan blows hot air onto the trays. However, due to the location of the fan being hinged on the back, rather than the bottom, each tray receives the same amount of heat and is ideally dehydrates your food evenly all throughout. You might be advised though, that these types of dehydrators are typically bulky in size and take up a lot of space, whether you use it in your kitchen or dining space. These food dehydrators can be used commercially and have good economic benefits too.
What are the benefits of Food Dehydration?
Dehydrating is perhaps the oldest food preservation method humans ever invented. It results in your food items ending up with months of elongated lifespan that just would not be possible otherwise. Despite its many advantages, food dehydrators have not yet grown to be mainstream because not many are yet well versed or indeed well informed on the subject. Here, we’re enlisting some of the major benefits you may enjoy if you decide to invest in a food dehydrator:
- Dehydrated Food Produce Tastes Better: With the vacuuming of all the water content inside your produce, the taste of your food gets deliciously concentrated, based on personal preference. For example, dehydrating fruits will often make them taste sweeter and make it easier for children to ingest, who are naturally picky while eating healthy food.
- No Preservatives or Chemical Additives: The whole process of food dehydration basically requires the whole of just one ingredient—the food item that you want to dehydrate. This results in preserving the 100% natural food essence that will remain delicious and nourishing for many months. (Pro-Tip: If you felt that sometimes your veggies and fruits lose their color after the dehydration procedure, you can add a little bit of lemon juice, that will help you preserve their natural color too.)
- Dehydrated Food is Easier to Store: Just as it reads, dried food takes up much less space, sometimes as little as one-sixth of the original product. It also reduces the number of trips you would have to make to the grocery store as your produce will last so much longer.
- Cost Savings: Services like saving food items for later that would otherwise spoil, replacing the store-bought grubs or candy with your own natural healthier alternatives, or drying your own herbs help your food dehydrator reduce your expenditures for you.
- Reduce Waste: Did you know that we waste over $8-billion dollars’ worth of food every year, only in Australia? Of which 33% is fresh food, put together this is enough to fill over 450,000 garbage trucks! This amazing appliance will be of great assistance to you, as you attempt to reduce your wastage from leftovers of your meals.
If you are looking to make a food dehydrator purchase online, During Days provides an impressive array of various types of food dehydrators, with ample options to match any or every food dehydrating need you may have. We will also allow you to buy the best product online at an attractive price. Happy Shopping!